- Plan, coordinate and facilitate youth environmental education programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field required
- Requires teaching experience and knowledge of the State Standards of Learning. Experience in the field of horticulture/botany, biology, gardening, natural science, or a like subject preferred. Professional experience teaching in a public/private school or educational non-profit institution highly preferred.
- State background check and valid driver’s license required.
- Requires ability to stand, and walk for up to 6 hours/day. Must be comfortable working actively outdoors for majority of the day in all weather conditions. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Requires flexible schedule including regular weekends and some evenings.
- Create, conduct and coordinate education programs correlated to Virginia Standards of Learning. Implement a focus on sustainability into all programs.
- Facilitate youth education group visits from arrival, to staff assignments, activity rotation, and departure for programs.
- Coordinate and conduct outreach programs.
- Train, evaluate and supervise staff and volunteers on programs and activities.
- Serve as contact for all school marketing.
- Organize and review all supplies.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You must sign in to apply for this position.