Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Formally and informally coaches and develops the performance of the team to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets and increase customer loyalty.
• Applies functional and technical expertise and knowledge of performance standards to provide on-the-job training to team members.
• Reviews performance data (e.g., scorecard, ACE behaviors, monitored calls, etc.) and diagnose performance gaps to identify performance and productivity gaps.
• Discusses Monthly Achievement Plans regularly with Representatives to identify and agree on actions to improve performance.
• Creates and implements individual development plans and related coaching plans to establish behaviors that will lead to improved metrics.
• Monitors calls and evaluates individual Representative effectiveness on key behaviors to provide coaching to improve performance and the customer experience.
• Participates in regular call monitoring calibration sessions to ensure that customer experience standards are consistent applied across the center.
• Implements and documents coaching, performance improvement, and recognition plans, as well as performance evaluations to optimize individual and team performance.
• Hires and builds a team of Representatives that has the ability and resources to achieve performance, diversity, and service goals.
• Collaborates with local HR to plan for and ensure mandatory team and individual training targets are met.
• Implements formal and informal practices and procedures to motivate and recognize employees and ensure employee engagement is high.
• Develops and implements recognition programs to encourage and reward Representatives for meeting targets related to serving, solving and selling.
• Manages day-to-day activities and business to maintain momentum and a sense of urgency toward desired results. Continually focuses driving high standards of performance, correcting performance gaps, and works relentlessly to overcome obstacles and meet or exceed challenging goals.
• Reviews calendar, schedules, and tasks to plan/modify work schedules and ensure customers are served and priorities are achieved.
Resolves complex customer complaints and handles issues escalated by team members in a timely manner.
• Makes recommendations and/or decisions in real time to match capacity to demand and adjust methods of call handling to deliver the customer experience.
• Leads team meetings/huddles to cascade information, coordinate efforts and communicate changes in direction, products, policies, expectations and performance against service, quality and sales goals, processes, and standards.
• Communicates customer concerns, trends, recurring issues, sales and service opportunities, and related issues to higher leadership and within the Customer Care team.]
Reviews Monthly Achievement Plan and Supervisor scorecard regularly with Manager to identify opportunities to improve results
• Collaborates with other departments to ensure that a high quality customer experience is achieved and to resolve system and process problems.
• Collaborates with the Customer Operations team to ensure operational efficiency is achieved.
• Collaborates with Customer Care Manager, Customer Experience team and other Customer Care Supervisors to plan and coordinate efforts to ensure that Customer Care objectives are achieved.
• Controls expenses while meeting or exceeding system revenue goals.
• Ensures that Representatives update all required customer information in a timely fashion.
• Ensures accurate employee compensation by tracking and managing time and labor.
• Manages attendance trackers to track progressive steps for disciplinary action.
• Consults with Human Resources partners to determine eligible time off for employee leaves of absence.
• Approves and manages exceptions and audits to accurately reflect productivity measurements.
Skills and Qualifications:
• High school graduate or GED or equivalent work experience
• 3 years’ experience working as a team leader/team coach (formal Supervisor position not required) customer service, sales, technical support/customer advocate environment
• 1 year work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) in a work setting
• BA/BS degree in a related field
• 1+ year supervisory experience
• 1+ year experience in Technical Support of Customer Advocate (e.g., troubleshooting or Supervising troubleshooting of basic hardware, software, and/or connectivity issues)
• 1+ year experience coaching for improved performance
• Experience monitoring calls or work order quality
• Experience in a position meeting sales goals or coaching people to meet sales goals
• Experience handling escalations from customers
• Experience working in a care center environment with customer experience focus
• Knowledge and proficiency with ICOMS
• Communications industry experience
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!