Police Command Center Operator will efficiently and effectively control the activities of the Police Command Center, especially monitoring and responding to incoming calls, actively monitoring camera and access control systems, dispatching emergency resources as well as actively controlling the radio traffic of the department 800 MHZ system.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- High School graduate
- 1-2 years of work experience in leadership, organizational, analytical, communication, and management skills
- Must be available to work any shift during a 24 hour period, rotating shifts, 7 days a week
- Ability to complete Basic Telecommunicator Course mandated by Department of Criminal Justice
- Become Virginia Criminal Information Network certified and certified for operation of Criminal Records Terminal CRT (VA State Police)
- Ability to communicate effectively and with good diction. Ability to remain calm and effective under stress; must possess good judgment and initiative.
- Must be a United States citizen or have been a lawful resident of the United States for the past 10 consecutive years.
- Experience in computer data entry and retrieval.
- Ensures compliance with all security, safety and environmental regulations and policies within work area at all times. This includes properly addressing issues through action or reporting issues and concerns to the General Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- 3+ years of work experience in leadership, organizational, analytical, communication, and management skills
- CRT training or experienced
- Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.