MARKETING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT
- Provides multifaceted marketing support. Plans, directs, or coordinates marketing policies and programs. Uses social media platforms to promote the company. Will also work with inside sales in customer service roles as needed.
- Identifies, develops, or evaluates marketing strategy.
- Formulates, directs, or coordinates marketing activities or policies to promote products or services.
- Compiles lists describing product or service offerings.
- Coordinates or participates in promotional activities or trade shows.
- Initiates market research studies or analyzes their findings.
- Launches and grows presence on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Works cross functionally to ensure social media goals align with company goals.
- Writes and curates content designed to engage followers and promote the brand in a positive way.
- Creates and executes social media campaigns to promote the brand.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to any complaints, questions and comments left on the company’s social media pages in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Continuously monitors site analytics to see what types of content followers respond to the most and adjusts the strategy accordingly.
- Prepares reports to update internal staff on usage statistics.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Associate’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field preferred
- Experience: 2-3 years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Social perceptiveness
- Judgment and decision making
- Critical thinking
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop CC, Lightroom, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC
- Video editing experience a plus but not required
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center and services, and will get you registered with us – your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at http://opp-inc.org/for-career-seekers/oppinc-workforce-center-services/oppinc-orientation/ as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc. One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convenience, you can also complete the orientation at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1:30PM (157 N. Main Street in Suffolk 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive).
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process – intakes are held Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30 to 12:30 or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 to 4:00.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.