The job requires the coordinator to set up methods of shipment, support, invoicing and produce shipping documents needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to another.
- Arrange transportation, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay.
- May assist in preparing loads for shipment.
- Takes steps to avoid quality control issues.
- Makes sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels.
- Manages activities throughout the order fulfillment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met.
- Continually reviews freight costs, transportation rates to keep costs down where possible.
- Streamlines shipping and transportation processes.
- Re-routes freight as needed to meet demands and minimize costs.
- Reports any problems, issues, and losses to department manager.
- Provide project development support to multiple departments within the organization.
- Reviews inventory position daily and weekly against outstanding orders and sales forecasts and takes action to correct any discrepancies with management and customer service.
- Ensures accuracy of physical inventory order sequence by entering inter-company purchase orders and inter-company transfers into the system following defined processes, and also verification of inventory locations and availability for shipment against requirements specified in purchase orders.
- Works with supervisor to effectively resolve inventory or order discrepancies that are outside of his or her control.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in logistics preferred
- Two-year degree required
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of relevant experience may substitute for education
- Possess working knowledge of MS Office package
- Understanding of the manufacturing/shipping processes
- Able to communicate successfully with a variety of disciplines and levels, both internally and externally
- Database management skills
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Customer service oriented
- Good teamwork abilities
Excellent communication skills
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.