The candidate will review and analyze readiness performance of fleet units, perform statistical comparison for the Afloat Training Group (ATG) N41, and make recommendations for process improvement, corrections, and changes. In addition, the candidate will collect and prepare data analyses to ensure that fleet units are adhering to the established COMNAVSURLANT/COMNAVSURPAC (CNSL/CNP) instructions (CNSL/CNSP 4400.1A/CNSL/CNSP 5040.C0 and goals, conduct technical assist visits to all U.S. Navy CNSL activities (ship/shore commands) homeported in Norfolk, Mayport, Rota-Spain and Bahrain in the areas of Financial Management, Logistics Management, S-1 Stock Control, Inventory Management, R-Supply Management, XMAMs Management and Customer Services.
Additional duties include:
- Conduct supply readiness evaluations and provide training for Logistics Specialists within the Atlantic Fleet area of responsibility.
- Conduct Pre-Supply Management Certifications (P-SMC 1.1/1.4), SMC 1.2/1.3 training support to the Supply Management Certification (SMC) Team and conduct Pre & Post Deployment Analysis (PDA/PODA) to CNSL ships in Supply and Financial Management (SFM).
- Conduct classroom training in all areas of S-1 operations
- Evaluation and training will concentrate on Material Management, Stock Control, Financial Management, Logistics Management, Inventory Management, Customer Service, and Supply Quality Assurance operations. The candidate will be required to prepare written reports/presentations, develop, analyze, and conduct operational audits, perform on-site assistance visits, formal training visits, and supply management problem solving analysis.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or 4 years of experience
- 3 years or more of hands-on experience with automated supply, logistics, inventory management, and financial management
- 3 years of experience with Navy Tactical Command Support System (NTCSS), Organizational Maintenance Management System – New Generation (OMNS NG) and R-Supply (RSUP- Patriot)
- Must be able and willing to travel approximately 10% of the time within the continental US and overseas
The candidate must have a Secret Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center and services, and will get you registered with us – your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at http://opp-inc.org/for-career-seekers/oppinc-workforce-center-services/oppinc-orientation/ as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc. One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convenience, you can also complete the orientation at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1:30PM (157 N. Main Street in Suffolk 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive).
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process – intakes are held Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30 to 12:30 or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 to 4:00.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.