Assists in maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded. Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Compiles financial data to aid Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of Balance Sheets, Profit and Loss statements and other financial reports. Assists in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Oversee and manage vendor accounts.
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices.
- Review and adhere to department budgets.
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets.
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
- Adhere to the company’s or organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Answers questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed.
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives.
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Calculate and submit company 401k deferral and match elections.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in preparation of monthly management reporting and accompanying schedules, worksheets, narratives, including forecasting, and budget vs. actual variance reports.
- Assist with external audit or examination process.
- Assist with completion of quarterly and annual regulatory filings.
- Document policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting
- Must have payroll administration experience.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages. QuickBooks is preferred.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.