Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for safety, cost, and efficiency of PMT operations including Vessel, Yard, Gate, and Rail operations. Manage terminal and stevedoring operations and ensure adequate training is provided to management colleagues. Perform audits in conjunction with the Safety Department
- Ensure all environmental and ISO guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure terminal policies, procedures and all CBP, USDA, OSHA, USCG and other government agencies regulations are adhered to
- Coordinate and plan operations with terminal operations management to ensure efficient use of all land, buildings, equipment, and other resources
- Work closely with analytics team to ensure all Terminal operations are operating within budgeted guidelines to achieve desired P&L results
- Reduce operating costs through increased terminal efficiency
- Maintain and improve customer service focused culture
- Responsible for enhancing terminal operations to improve financial results and ensures accurate reporting of expenses and revenues
- Represent operations, as ambassador, at all corporate and industry related meetings, and provide frequent financial and production reports to executive management
- Ensure continuous development of management staff through effective leadership
- Maintain direct communication with operations management at terminals. Visit each terminal to participate in division meetings and provide updates to respective terminal personnel
- Maintain communication with ILA and quickly resolve matters pertaining to respective terminals
- Maintain regular communication with IT and maintenance department personnel to ensure all IT, equipment and facility maintenance related items are addressed timely
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications (Required)
- Prior Stevedoring Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years direct industry experience (terminal operations, transportation, maritime)
- 3+ years demonstrated experience directly managing and developing people
- Deep knowledge of stowage, stevedoring, vessel operations and associated processes
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems
- Experience building teams in a dynamic CBA environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Allocate human and capital resources to accomplish work
- Ability to train and motivate people to obtain objectives
- Basic PC Skills
- Ability to lead leaders, communicate goals and objectives clearly, reward success and hold team members accountable to meet KPI’s
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License
- 10+ years direct industry experience (terminal operations, transportation, maritime)
- 5+ years stevedoring experience – track record of production improvement
- Knowledge of SPARCS, Express, and N4
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.