You will focus on analyzing financial performance against budget and projections, develop financial models and perform a cost-benefit analysis to determine future financial position and viability of projects. You will focus on interpreting of financial results and drivers behind them to better understand drivers and impacts of operational, commercial and financial decisions on revenues and costs. While understanding of accounting will help you in your position, being able to interpret results, understand impact drivers and prepare forecasts detailing the company’s expected financial position is of most importance. You will build business case analysis and models to evaluate operational changes, real estate transactions, internal audits, contract rate negotiations and market changes. You will work as part of a team of analysts and database experts to deliver ad-hoc and scheduled assignments and will have autonomy to conduct ad-hoc research to expand specific skills and knowledge.
A variety of assignments and analytical projects will give you the opportunity to learn new fields, gain an understanding of port operations, and maintain skills in financial analytics.
- Create financial models, forecasts, and decision-support analysis to present to Senior Leadership Team.
- Analyze financial performance against budget and forecast for various business units and identify financial trends.
- Provide cost-benefit and ROI on investment analysis for proposed implementations to aid management in decision making.
- Gather and analyze data and trends related to port terminal activity and services, operational, financial and commercial data, as well as organizational metrics, industry standards, and benchmarks.
- Track and analyze business unit trends and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the organization.
- Recommend changes to current techniques, procedures, and promotional efforts based on research and new trends.
- Represent Strategic Planning to internal divisions.
- You will have an opportunity to:
- Stay abreast of evolving technology, as well as contemporary business practices and trends.
- Research new data sources and analytical tools to visualize key performance indicators.
- Collaborate in planning, design, development, and deployment of new strategies and applications to support organizational goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to use MS Office applications and advanced Excel skills.
- Possess highly developed research, analytical, interpretation, and reporting skills.
- Ability to learn unique software applications such the shipping terminal operations, payroll and timekeeping, financial ledger, customer relations management systems.
- Must be analytical and detailed, and possess the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work cross-divisionally with other functional areas.
- Knowledge of all phases of complex research projects including research design, selecting and utilizing appropriate methodologies, analyzing data, highlighting key findings and communicating implications, all with minimum supervision.
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills to prioritize work and report on progress.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business analytical related field such as Economics, Finance or other, or equivalent work experience (demonstrating ability to gather, maintain and analyze data and provide analytical support)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to obtain TWIC
- CPA, CMA, or other financial certification
- Master’s degree in business, finance, economics, or other analytical fields
- Experience applying economic principles and qualitative methods to economic and public finance issues; working with statistical methods, conducting independent research projects, and preparing research reports
- Experience directly accessing databases
- Experience in the maritime industry
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.