The Field Auditor will assist with the goal of maintaining and controlling safe, roadworthy chassis, while maximizing productivity and meeting departmental objectives. This individual will be promoting safety awareness and regulatory compliance in accordance with the FMCSA, managing ILA labor, controlling operational costs and maximizing workforce efficiency. Coordinate efforts between vendors, stevedores, trucking companies, and all other VIT departments.
- Control the flow of chassis in APM areas to make sure that the drivers drop the chassis in the proper location and receive a good order chassis in a reasonable amount of time.
- Assist management with keeping the work areas clean and organized.
- Control the mechanics assigned to this area, to make sure that the chassis are pre-inspected and post inspected for accuracy and legitimate repairs.
- Inspect chassis for 3rd party damages and gather the data needed for billing.
- Assist the office with locating and looking at chassis
- Assist Steamship lines with off-hires and chassis related issues.
- Assist Truckers with chassis related issues especially locating a good order chassis.
- Control the shop mechanics with the large cost repairs. Inspect the chassis for the proper repair in the most efficient manner.
- Handle the inbound and outbound gate related issues. Respond to any gate related problems.
- Does a daily chassis inventory and reports this to management.
- Ensures compliance with all security, safety, and environmental regulations and policies within work areas at all times. This includes properly addressing issues through action or reporting issues and concerns to Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new programs
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to make quick decisions in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to establish a plan of action and coordinate efficient execution
- Basic PC skills with Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to inspire others to accomplish goals and encourage high standards of performance
- Experience in transportation or operations
- Clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- 2+ years work experience in an industrial, warehouse, or similar environment
- Experience specific to container terminal operations or maritime transportation
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.