Provides a variety of clerical, data entry and administrative support duties for departments, functional groups and/or executives.
• Types letters, memoranda and reports from drafts and proofreads and reviews documents for grammatical and numerical errors
• Schedules resources such as people, meetings, appointments, rooms, equipment, or other resources
• Prepares presentations, reports, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software packages
• Answers telephone calls, takes messages, responds to questions, and directs callers to appropriate parties
• Maintains, updates or creates databases and/or database information
• Codes, compiles and files correspondences, records, documents, and reports according to an established system
• Performs administrative functions such as ordering department supplies, coordinating equipment repair, making staff travel arrangements
• Takes and prepares notes of meetings, conferences, and similar proceedings;
• Sorts and distributes mail and packages to appropriate parties
• Greets and assists visitors and arrange for escorts, as necessary
• Prepares, checks, and processes expense reports
• Gathers and arranges materials and relevant information for assigned project or person
• At lower levels, may operate a telephone switchboard with numerous extensions
• At lower levels, may focus primarily on data entry
• At higher levels, may prepare, organize and maintain documents and files of a complex or confidential nature, may track budget expenditures
TYPICAL TRAINING / EXPERIENCE
• 5-7 years of experience in related area of responsibility
• HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
• Technical certification or Associates degree may be preferred and/or required in some areas
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!