- Provides high-level administrative support to President and Vice President.
- Prepares invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents.
- Answers phone calls and directs calls to appropriate persons or takes messages.
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares papers for consideration and presentation by executives.
- Attends meetings and records minutes.
- Greets visitors and determines whether they should see specific individuals.
- Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and then distributes to the appropriate individual.
- Performs general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming correspondence.
- Makes travel arrangements for executives.
- Prepares agendas and makes arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons and other meetings.
- Provides clerical support to other departments.
- Manages and maintains executives’ schedules.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: 3-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outgoing Personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Service orientation
- Excellent time management, judgement and decision making skills
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center and services, and will get you registered with us – your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at http://opp-inc.org/for-career-seekers/oppinc-workforce-center-services/oppinc-orientation/ as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc. One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convenience, you can also complete the orientation at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1:30PM (157 N. Main Street in Suffolk 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive).
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process – intakes are held Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30 to 12:30 or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 to 4:00.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.