Provide executive and administrative support in the coordination of activities, planning and projects for the Chief Public Affairs Officer (CPAO) to include research, analysis, collecting, and assembling a variety of information. The office of the CPAO manages the departments of Marketing & Communications, Federal Government Affairs, State & Local Government Affairs, Economic Development, and Maritime Incident Response Team (MIRT)/Emergency Operations.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the CPAO’s office including composing correspondence, appointment scheduling, editing and proofreading documents, handling inquiries, and processing expense reports.
- Perform work of considerable difficulty which requires the identification and analysis of a wide variety of information. The work typically involves the application of rules and regulations in support of the CPAO’s office.
- Screen incoming email, mail and phone calls and respond as appropriate. Answer correspondence and take action on requests as appropriate.
- Research, collect and assemble a variety of information from within and outside the port, and analyze the information to reach logical and legal conclusions.
- Manage calendar, travel and hotel arrangements, and corporate card purchases and expenses.
- Assist with special projects which entail interaction at customer, industry, corporate, and community levels. Arrange internal and external meetings.
- Assist the CPAO with budget management, weekly and monthly forecasts, reports and communications.
- Ensures compliance with all security, safety and environmental regulations and policies within work area at all times. This includes properly addressing issues through action or reporting issues and concerns to Manager.
- Other tasks / assignments as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with strong influence skills
- Ability to handle information and records in a confidential, detailed, and organized manner
- Ability to research information and independently compose correspondence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Reasonable schedule flexibility to accommodate the demands of the business and the CPAO as required
- Time and work flow management
- Budget management
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously, sometimes of large volume
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 7 years of administrative experience with 3 or more years supporting executive leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.