- Performs all phases of installation, maintenance, repair and inspection of electrical and instrumentation systems and service work in new or remodeled facilities
- Installs, repairs and maintains electrical motors, complex electronic devices, control panels, relays, conduit and switches ensuring proper electrical operation of generators and transformers
- Interprets electrical construction blueprints
- Uses meter and motor testing equipment
- Ability to understand control schematics
- Ability to read and understand installation instructions and wiring diagrams for basic equipment
Experience working with:
- Voltage levels up to 4,160
- VFD / DC drives
- Troubleshooting non-working circuits
- AC/DC Motor Maintenance
- Motor Control Centers
- Conveyor systems
- Bridge control systems
State license depending upon job location
Completed electrical apprenticeship program
Minimum of 3 years of experience in an industrial or commercial setting
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center and services, and will get you registered with us – your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at http://opp-inc.org/for-career-seekers/oppinc-workforce-center-services/oppinc-orientation/ as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc. One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convenience, you can also complete the orientation at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1:30PM (157 N. Main Street in Suffolk 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive).
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process – intakes are held Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30 to 12:30 or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 to 4:00.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.