This is an Ability One job.
Independently performs moderately difficult tasks in preparing small quantities of quickly prepared food such as steaks, chops, cutlets, hamburgers, eggs, salads and other similar items. Excludes workers who exercise general supervision over kitchen activities.
- Strictly adhere to and prepare products according to the Armed Forces Recipe Service and the food preparation worksheet (NAVSUP 1090).
- Ensure cooking items are available according to prescribed meal hours.
- Maintain the cleanliness and operation of the bake shop/galley, and the organization of employee and client trainees.
- Maintain all work areas, equipment and cooking utensils in a clean and sanitary condition. Inspect all food items for quality and appearance prior to serving
- Maintain proper levels safety precautions in all activities you perform. Ensure all employees and client trainees meet all safety requirements. Report any failures of equipment and personnel to meet posted safety precautions to supervisors.
- Report all inoperative equipment to the Cook in charge.
Other duties assigned by the Cook in charge and by the shift Lead Cook.
Qualifications: The employee must be able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with military personnel and other contractors. Must be able to read, write, and understand English and perform basic math calculations. Maintain the ability to think, react calmly, and respond to emergency situations. Must be able to perform under stressful situations and respond to work problems. Must be able to obtain and maintain the required security clearance as stipulated by the contract. Within 90 days of employment must be able to obtain Servsafe certification
Education and Experience: High school graduate. One (1) year experience volume food preparation.
You must sign in to apply for this position.