Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. Observes machine operations to detect malfunctions or out-of- tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, manuals, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerance for finished work-piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in operating and programming CNC machines (latches; mills – horizontal and vertical)
- Knowledge of “M” and “G” code
- 3-5 years experience working with Mori-Seiki, Proto-Trac, Mazak Controls as well as conventional machines
- Conceptual skills, functional & technical skills
- Verbal communication
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Attention to detail
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.