Lead the daily activities of a crew in safely producing a quality, cost efficient work product consistent with the project goals and the expected standards established by Company and our customers.
- Understand and work in accordance with the overall project schedule and budget.
- Work together with project supervision on a daily basis to communicate production goals and quality specifications of work, discuss issues that have surfaced (around people, means and methods, material or equipment use, etc. extra or out of scope work), and ideas to help team achieve project goals.
- Participate in planning means and methods.
- Accurately record and report crew work hours and quantities installed. Monitor and manage crew productivity. Ensure ongoing efforts are made to improve productivity.
- Analyze production results and establish appropriate corrective actions, if required.
- When rework is required, help team learn from any mistakes and accurately record costs.
- Forecast equipment, materials or work force needs as required; Help ensure all the resources for crew’s activities are available when needed.
- Seeks solutions to special requests or problems with their work in a timely and professional manner.
- Use Activity Planning to effectively plan, organize and communicate specific details of work; sign off on all plans.
- Understand the project cost code structure related to your work activities.
- Extensive knowledge of heavy civil construction projects.
- 5 plus years of supervisory experience in a heavy civil environment.
- Must be able to read and understand contract and shop drawings and have competency with all fabrication equipment and processes.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and communicate in a timely, effective manner.
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center and services, and will get you registered with us – your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at http://opp-inc.org/for-career-seekers/oppinc-workforce-center-services/oppinc-orientation/ as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc. One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convenience, you can also complete the orientation at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1:30PM (157 N. Main Street in Suffolk 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive).
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process – intakes are held Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30 to 12:30 or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 to 4:00.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.