The Assistant Manager, Facilities Maintenance coordinates the maintenance and safe operation of activities on and off-site locations.
• Ensures employee relations and problems are properly handled. Meets with employees to discuss status of work, work problems, etc. and discusses findings with Manager.
• Reviews maintenance activities to ensure work is performed in a satisfactory and timely manner. Completes special projects as assigned by Manager.
• Prepares labor reports and time sheets and forwards to Manager for approval.
• Prepares or reviews reports, memorandums and other correspondence.
• Maintains liaison with Operations personnel and resolves problems or forwards to Manager for action.
• Allocates equipment to various operations. Reviews programs, procedures, equipment and documents, and recommends changes to reduce costs and increase productivity.
• Provides assistance with periodic performance reviews.
• Studies maintenance and repair schedules and estimates repair costs. Interprets specifications, blueprints and job orders to workers, and assigns duties. Adjusts work procedures to meet repair schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment.
• Recommends measures to improve maintenance and repair methods and equipment. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the shop.
• Inspects equipment in use to ensure proper use and working condition. Prepares repair reports.
• Receives calls and correspondence relating to service and repair of equipment and delegates tasks to trades personnel. Provides technical assistance to maintenance employees and other departments and employees within the company.
• Establishes, evaluates and revises Preventive Maintenance programs to ensure maximum reliability of equipment. Evaluates and revises maintenance procedures and testing criterion to ensure compliance with standard safety procedures.
• Directs the supply clerk’s activities to ensure the availability of needed material and compliance with Company policy in obtaining, storing and documenting material. Reviews and authorizes the purchase of material and maintains liaison with material and equipment suppliers.
• Confers with sub-contractors to coordinate maintenance and repair activities.
• Ensures compliance with all security, safety and environmental regulations and policies within work area at all times. This includes properly addressing issues through action or reporting issues and concerns to Manager.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- AA/AS in related field, Technical Certification or equivalent work experience
- Up to date on the National Electrical Code
- 5+ years direct industry experience operating heavy equipment including backhoes, forklifts, dump trucks, loaders and other construction equipment; with experience coaching and developing others
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License
- Ability to work a physically demanding job safely in all types of environments (heights, confined spaces, and various types of weather)
- BA/BS in related field
- Technical Certification
Thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Should you wish to pursue this, we will need to have you complete our Orientation, which will acclimate you to our One-Stop Center services, and will get you registered with us- your first step to success. Orientations can be completed online at www.opp-inc.org/orientation as well as in our Resource Room located in the Opportunity Inc.One-Stop Workforce Center, 861 Glenrock Road, Suite 100 in Norfolk, Virginia, just behind Military Circle Mall.
For your convince, you can also complete the orientation online at our Suffolk office on Mondays at 1PM (157 N.Main Street Suffolk, Virginia 757-514-7737) or our Franklin office (located at the Paul D Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center 100 N. College Drive)
Once your Orientation and Survey are completed, please come in to complete your intake process- intakes are held Monday through Friday in our Norfolk office from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Once this is completed, please ask to speak with Business Services, and please have your resume available for review.
If you are already enrolled, please contact your Career Developer, reference the Job Order number (Job Code Number), and ask that they refer you for the position. In either case, please have a resume available to target the position in which you are interested.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
You must sign in to apply for this position.